- 9 months
In line with Lebanese Government commitments to advancing public procurement modernization (stipulated in Article IV of the Ministerial Declaration), the Ministry of Finance launched, in March 2019, the implementation of the Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS II), with the support of the World Bank and the Agence Française de Développment.
The President of the Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan, Ms. Lamia Moubayed Bissat, was mandated by the Lebanese Minister of Finance, Mr. Ali Hassan Khalil, as National Focal Point.
MAPS II is an internationally recognized evidence-based diagnostic that will inform the Government of Lebanon of the current performance of the procurement system and lay the foundation towards strategic reform orientations.
This assessment is most needed in Lebanon where laws and regulations are fragmented and institutions’ mandates overlap causing inefficiencies, discouraging private sector participation and reducing trust.
MAPS II is a being conducted using a participatory approach. A National Steering Committee is composed of 18 representatives from 15 government entities. A larger national stakeholders’ group, representing more than 100 institutions from the public sector, private sector and civil society organizations will also be involved in the assessment.
The assessment will result in a final report with strategic recommendations for public procurement modernization in Lebanon.
- Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS) (pdf)
- (MAPS) منهجية تقييم نظم المشتريات (pdf)
- Exchange Session with the MAPS Steering Committee members (pdf)
- مسح MAPS لتقييم منظومة الشراء العام في لبنان (pdf)
- Méthodologie D’évaluation des Systemes de Passations des Marchés (MAPS) (pdf)
- تكليف معهد باسل فليحان المالي والإقتصادي بتنفيذ توصيات المؤتمر الأول حول الشّراء العام (pdf)
- MAPS Report - Norway - 2018 (pdf)
- MAPS in Tunisia - 2012 (French) (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-Nov2019-Ar (pdf)
- Introduction to MAPS (pdf)
- MAPS Introductory Review-Oct19-Daniel I. (pdf)
- MAPS Intro, Plan and Progress-Nov19-Ar (pdf)