Beyond its national mission, the Institute serves as a platform for regional cooperation as it hosts the Secretariat of the GIFT-MENA network of civil service training schools and is a regional training center for the World Customs Organization (WCO).
It is an autonomous public institution operating under the tutelage of the Lebanese Minister of Finance.
HISTORY & LEGAL STATUS
The Institut des Finances was founded in 1996 in cooperation with the Government of France.
In 2006, it was renamed Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan in honor of the late Minister of Economy.
It is a public institution enjoying financial and administrative autonomy reporting to the Minister of Finance of Lebanon and audited by the court of Accounts.
OUR STRATEGIC ROLE
- Contribute to the development of human resources and capacity in public financial management and governance
- Strengthen cooperation and networking, the transfer of knowledge and the exchange of good practices
- Promote a culture of excellence and innovation in public sector
- Facilitate access to information and initiate dialogue
- Enhance economic and financial capabilities of the youth
OUR AREA OF FOCUS
- Learning & Development in Public Financial Management by offering a wide range of learning programs.
- Cooperation & Partnerships with public entities, private sector, NGOs, CSOs, international donors and academic institutions.
- Research & Publications targeted to diverse audiences.
- Documentation to facilitate access to information through the Library of Finance.
ENGAGING WITH THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Number of beneficiaries per year
Geographic distribution of trainees in Lebanon – 2018
IoF services – 2018