- 9 months
In line with Lebanese Government commitments to public procurement reform, the Ministry of Finance conducted in 2019-2020 the Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS II), with the support of the World Bank and the Agence Française de Développment. The President of the Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan, Ms. Lamia Moubayed Bissat, was mandated by the Lebanese Minister of Finance, as National Focal Point.
The MAPS assessment report provided, for the first time in Lebanon, evidence on the level of performance of the procurement system. Only 5% of the 210 qualitative and quantitative indicators have fully met the international standards, giving a strong signal of the importance of an informed policy process and the urgency to having a strategic vision for procurement reform in the country.
MAPS falls within the international requirements for a modern and sound public procurement system in Lebanon. Developed by the OECD, the methodology aims at identifying the strengths, weaknesses and gaps of the system, and providing recommendations to better priorities reform actions.
In Lebanon, the assessment was conducted through a consultative and participatory process. A National Steering Committee composed of 18 representatives from 15 government institutions, facilitated access to information and reviewed the findings. A stakeholders’ group, representing +100 institutions from the public sector, private sector and civil society was consulted. Two international experts, mobilized by partner organizations, facilitated the process and ensured its alignment with the methodology. The assessment report was reviewed for compliance by MAPS international Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
- Executive Summary - MAPS Report - May 2021 - English (pdf)
- Executive Summary - MAPS Report - May 2021 - Arabic (pdf)
- MAPS Lebanon - Assessment outcomes, way forward and lessons learnt (PPT)
- MAPS - Final Report - January 2021 - English (pdf)
- Improving the economy, efficiency, and integrity of Lebanon’s public procurement using MAPS - Blog by The World bank (pdf)
- Institutional Mapping of Procurement Stakeholders in Lebanon - conducted by Siren Associates, with the support of the World Bank (pdf)
- Brochure - MAPS - 2020 - English (pdf)
- Matrix of Procurement Stakeholders in Lebanon - ENG (pdf)
- MAPS - Appendices to Final Report - December 2020 - English (pdf)
- Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS) (pdf)
- (MAPS) منهجية تقييم نظم المشتريات (pdf)
- Exchange Session with the MAPS Steering Committee members (pdf)
- مسح MAPS لتقييم منظومة الشراء العام في لبنان (pdf)
- Méthodologie D’évaluation des Systemes de Passations des Marchés (MAPS) (pdf)
- تكليف معهد باسل فليحان المالي والإقتصادي بتنفيذ توصيات المؤتمر الأول حول الشّراء العام (pdf)
- MAPS Report - Norway - 2018 (pdf)
- MAPS in Tunisia - 2012 (French) (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-May2020-Ar (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-May2020-Eng (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-Apr2020-Ar (pdf)
- Introduction to MAPS (pdf)
- MAPS Introductory Review-Oct19-Daniel I. (pdf)
- MAPS Intro, Plan and Progress-Nov19-Ar (pdf)
- Enterprise Survey on Public Procurement in Lebanon (online survey)