The Public Procurement Law no. 244/2021 enters into force in July 2022. The Government has a tight timeframe until July 2022 to ensure the readiness of the institutional and governance framework, implement capacity building to all concerned parties and establish a central electronic platform as a key tool for law implementation that will improve the transparency and efficiency of public procurement and seeks to establish a more open and competitive procurement environment.
The Law having created the foundation for a gradual transformation of public procurement into a digitized process, a dedicated strategy and implementation plan for Lebanon’s e-Procurement was developed with the technical support of the World Bank.
In this framework, the Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan, in partnership with Westminster Foundation for Democracy, the World Bank, and the Central Tender Board, organized this workshop that brought together key reform stakeholders from the public sector, private sector, civil society and representatives of international partners to:
1) get introduced to the strategic vision for digitized procurement and open data in Lebanon, and
2) engage in a discussion on best scenarios in light of international standards and good practices.
This workshop was organized in the framework of ongoing consultations and awareness raising to prepare for a sound implementation of the Public Procurement Law no. 244/2021.
Check the concept note and agenda in english
Watch the webinar:
:يمكنكم الاطلاع على الجلسة الأولى التي عقدت في 4 أيلول
Enhancing Transparency and Accountability in Public Procurement that took place on the 4th of september 2021
:والثانية التي عقدت في 28 أيلول
Enhancing competition and participation of SMEs in Public Procurement
والجلسة الثالثة التي عقدت في 29 تشرين الأول:
الخطوات المستقبلية لتطبيق قانون الشراء العام
والجلسة الرابعة التي عقدت في 18 تشرين الثاني:
آليات الإعتراض في الشراء العام
الجلسة السادسة والأخيرة
دفاتر الشروط النموذجية: أداة أساس لتطبيق قانون الشراء العام
- Presentation: Piloting electronic public procurement: objectives and actions - Eliza Niewiadomska (pdf)
- Presentation: Powering up procurement reforms with open contracting - Viktor Nestulia, OCP (pdf)
- Presentation: Ingredients of success of public procurement reform towards competitive and transparent procurement - Example of Ukraine - Oleksandr Shatkovskyi (pdf)
- Presentation: The Open Government Partnership and Public procurement - Julia Keutgen, WFD (pdf)
- Press report (pdf)